Friday, April 1, 2011

Not so well

This year i've tried to work at using mediums I normally don't use that I may not be so great at. That way I can see which mediums work for me and which don't. Then I can work on improving my work. It didn't work out as well as planned; I don't know what I like to do yet, but I enjoy photography and pastels and watercolors. I've also learned how to think more in depth about my projects and how I can connect them together to fit into my concentration. Lastly, I learned that I enjoy guidelines a lot more than I use to think. I can't think of ideas sometimes without a little push.
I really need to work on my thought process of coming up with projects. I don't like to sketch them out beforehand, so then I end up wanting to change everything about my projects. I also need to manage my time better.
I hope that in 3 years i'll still be at school, and still wanting to do art. I want learn a lot in college and can improve upon my art.
This class has made me rethink about how serious art can get. Between the AP exams, art shows, and managing time for all of it, I think I have a better understanding of how college art classes might be. Portfolio also helped me get a start on finding what I really like to do with art, even if i'm still working on getting a solid idea of what I want to do.

3 comments:

  1. I completely understand the difficulty you're having! I forgot how much basics mattered until it came to do a project that I had no idea what I was doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! I thought I wanted to be a photographer and open my own business. I started taking photography here at school and I tried to do a couple projects for AP in photography....I found out that I am not good at it. I think this is a very serious class and I am very happy I took it because it made me figure out that I am not cut out to do photography and that I might want to try interior design:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree i've been trying to stretch my envelope a bit this year as well, and i'm not completely sure how it worked ha.

    ReplyDelete