Thursday, September 16, 2010

What Inspires Me?

My inspiration comes from the everything around me. I'm inspired by the world and people in it. The things that inspire me the most are music, paint samples, Lewis Caroll and the movie "Pan's Labyrinth".
Whenever I listen to certain songs I suddenly feel inspired to create; and every song create different inspirations. Listening to bands like Mumford and Sons, Sigur Ros, and Biffy Clyro inspires me to drive around places photograph every little thing that interests me (I have no idea why but they're all foregin bands, Maybe thats a reason why? who knows!) while other bands such as Hollywood Undead, Shakira, and Linkin Park inspire me to create something with meaning,because ceratin songs of theirs have those important underlying messages that you don't notice until you listen to it a few times.
Whenever I go to Walmart, Menards, etc., I always have to take home a few of those little paper paint sample squares. Then I go home and tape them to the side of my bookshelf and move colors around till i'm inspired by certain color schemes. Then I think of works that would fit well with those colors. It seems totally weird, but it works for me quite well :).
Lastly, i'm inspired by one of my favorite authors, Lewis Caroll, and the spanish film "Pan's Labyrinth". Lewis Caroll's twisted, upside-down view of the world and stories, And the creepy, dark fairytale of "Pna's Labyrinth" really inspire me to get creative outside of real-life sketches to do something crazy or weird or sometimes creepy.

2 comments:

  1. Excellent job Molly. I love that you take home paint chips and tape them up. I do that too. My husband hates it! Keep finding inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Molly! You're so cute! :)That's a good comment, right? Ha, anyways, I love that you get inspired by color and paint samples. I think you should try to make an actual project out of the paint sample color swatches, it could be interesting, and I know you're talented and creative enough to make an awesome project out of it.

    ReplyDelete