Friday, October 1, 2010

REGGINNAA!

I get inspired by alll sorts of music. But more specifically, I am also inspired by the visual parts of music such as music videos. I LOVE to watch music videos on Youtube or Vevo. Many of them are so creative, artictic, or bizarre that I can't help but be inspired by them.

My favorite singer is Regina Spektor and her music is sometimes nonsensical and sometimes weird which makes her music videos fantastic and soo entertaining to watch. One of my favorite videos is for the song "Us". It's soo creative in my opinion and I get inspired by the old fashioned feel of it and how everything is stop motion and paper. It makes me want to create something old or millions upon millions of old collages, or take photos of tons of people.

Im soo sad I couldn't put the actual video on here but Herree!:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fczPlmz-Vug&ob=av2e

2 comments:

  1. ohhh! I love Regina too!
    Another artist who I think has really artistic and interesting music videos that you might find inspiring is Sia. Her music video for 'Breathe Me' is all polaroid pictures and really interesting. Then she has a song called 'Buttons' with a very odd and unordinary video where she puts a these things, such as saran wrap, on her face to distort it. My favorite video of hers though is 'Soon We'll Be Found'. Here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1x8DMfbYN4&ob=av2n

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a good thing to be inspired by, considering you are a visual artist. I'll have to watch the video now. :)

    ReplyDelete