Thursday, February 24, 2011

Show Season

Art shows are all about showing off your talent and work, so I guess that makes me kind of nervous. Like, if I don't get into any shows than it means I don't have talent? I think thats what makes me the most worried because if I don't succeed at doing something I was previously very confident about, then I just feel like crap afterwards. The thing I do like about show season is seeing artists' work from all over central Illinois. Seeing other students' art gets me really inspired. It's interesting to see new techniques and art forms created by other people.

If I had to choose my top pieces, I think they would be my Chiaroscuro, Word art picture, or my self portrait. I think they would do the best because they convey more emotion and meaning than some of my other work, but that's just my opinion of my own work. I'd want to hear what other people thought my best work was.

I don't believe any of my pieces are better or worse than anyone else's in class, because art is different for everyone. No one's art will ever look the exact same as another person's, so it's almost impossible to compare someone like a cartoonist and a watercolor painter and decide whose work is better. I just doesn't work.

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE YOUR SELF PORTRAIT! I agree about what you said regarding the shows. It is about showing what you have. I really like your collage with the peacock and the one with the birds done in oil paints. I really like it. I do hope that you finish those two pieces because that would make me happy midget molly :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your self portrait as well. It's just so strong, and your Chiaroscuro shows vulnerability which is a good thing. It's you just being yourself vulnerable, and seeming defenseless when really you're a very strong artist Molly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i really like your "Fluff" project its so cute however i remeber you telling the story and that was kinnda sad but it makes a great photo. I wish you luck in show season i'm sure you will do well.

    ReplyDelete