Monday, February 7, 2011

I Don't know what to blog about

Sooo..I guess i'll just blog about nothin in particular. Probably about college.

I applied to Webster University in the summer, and got accepted into the school (yay). Now I just have to get accepted into the art program. I leave thursday afternoon with Bre for our reviews on friday morning. I've been working hard this year (kind of), but couldn't ever stick to one idea for a concentration or have a piece that I was fully happy with. And now, i'm super worried I won't get into the art program. Like REALLY worried to the point of irrational fear. It's kind of crazy, but I get really worked up over important things like this to the point of being terrified. And it shouldn't be a big deal that it's just another college, but i'm just weird like that and it's pretty much the only college I want to go to. If I don't get in, i'm stuck at ICC for a year, which I frankly don't want. I keep telling myself that it'll be fine, and that I have some good pieces but then I just start bugging out about things I should have maybe done like have less photographs, or more sketches, or more conceptual pieces.

I don't know how i'll do, and I know i'm being completely paranoid, but i'm hoping that I on't end up having terrible work annd not get in.

Soo ya.

1 comment:

  1. Your work is not terrible. In fact, it's the opposite - wonderful and beautiful!

    I think we all feel insecure about what we have done and don't feel like it is quite up to par, you are your harshest critic.

    I am really nervous too, but if one of us doesn't get in, that doesn't mean we're bad artists, it just means we don't have our portfolio quite to the point they want it at yet. It's just subjective, all depending on what they're looking for and who does the review.

    ReplyDelete